Rewarding the talent working in Malta’s fashion industry
The Mercedes-Benz Malta Fashion Week is the brainchild of Adrian J. Mizzi who has been organising The Malta Fashion Awards for more than a decade. During this time The Awards have become a catalyst for an industry that has developed and evolved and now celebrates this success during the Malta Fashion Week.
Malta National Fashion Awards was founded in 1997 with the aim of rewarding the abundant talent working in Malta’s fashion industry. Over the years the scope of this event has expanded to include related areas of creativity and well being.
Preparations for the final awards night start months in advance with the setting up of a selection board to invite applications from eligible candidates. Once these are vetted for conformity with the regulations, an adjudication panel shortlists up to four nominees for each award category. These nominees are then published and the public can participate in public voting making up to 10% of the final weighting. The remaining 90% of the voting comes from an expert panel elected purposely for each category. These panels change annually in each edition.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Malta